Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Meditation Spell Guide

If you feel you need to give your meditation an extra boost, or would like to ask for help meditating in a ritual or spell, here are some basic magickal correspondences dealing with meditation.

Colors; Blue, White, Silver, Indigo, Purple, Violet, Yellow

Astrology; Aquarius, Pisces

Planets; Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

Day of the Week: Saturdays or Wednesdays

Element: Air

Plants & Herbs;
Basil, Bay Laurel, Benzoin, Copal, Frankincense, Gardenia, Jasmine, Lavender, Mugwort, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Sage, Witchgrass, Wormwood

Crystals & Gemstones;
Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue Topaz, Calcite, Citrine, Herkimer Diamond, Jade, Lapis Lazuli, Mica, Moonstone, Obsidian, Onyx, Peridot, Quartz, Rose Quartz, Sapphire, Selenite, Sodalite,Topaz, Turquoise, Ulexite

Additional Tools;
Bell, Chimes, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Meditation Pillow, a Meditation Table or Altar


If you are having trouble with meditation; whether it be finding the time to meditate, or being able to still your mind long enough to relax, look at this list and see what you can put together to encourage and enhance your meditation practice.  The more ritualistic you make your meditation time, with the continuous practice and repetition of the same ritual each time, you will begin to settle more quickly and easily into a meditative state. You will also have made more of a commitment to practice meditation and there fore will find more time, or time will present itself to you.

For example, using the list and suggestions above, I would make a small meditation table in my bedroom or another private area... even a bathroom!  Place a few of the above mentioned crystals on it, along with an Air Element representation of my choice.  I would place my bell or Tibetan Singing Bowl on this table, and an incense burner or essential oil diffuser.... and choose from the above listed plants and herbs for a scent for my incense or oil.  I may find a candle in one of the colors listed above, anoint it with essential oil from one of the plants listed above and bless it with my intention to meditate more often or for longer periods of time.  I might choose to carve symbols that represent the astrological signs or planets listed above into the sides of my candle.  Once I have my area set up, I begin each meditation the same way.  I make note of what order I do things in and remember to do them in the same order each time I sit down to meditate... this repetition creates ritual.
For example, I might do a few simple stretches and drink some water.  Roll my neck and shoulders gently and stretch my back and legs to prepare for sitting.  Then I light my candle, and say a simple prayer to God/Goddess/Angels/Spirit Guides to protect me and help me during my meditation.  Next I light the incense or oil burner and simply breathe the aroma for a minute, enjoying it.  Then I would sit myself in the position I am going to meditate in, ring my bell one time to signal the beginning of my meditation, and then begin.

This is just one example of how you may use the list above to help you in meditation.  There are so many possibilities with the things listed above, from the blends of incense you might make, a mojo bag to hold while you meditate, crystals to use on a meditation mala necklace, symbols and colors to create a mandala for meditation.... come up with whatever works best for you and use it to enhance your meditation practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment