Monday, March 26, 2012

Mommy Time Monday - Embracing Your Potential

Mommy Time Monday! Each week I'll draw and post a tarot card from The Housewives Tarot and share it with you. So go ahead, sit down and take some time for yourself, you never know what inspiration and advice The Housewives may have for you!

I decided that it was time again to pull out my Trusty Housewives Tarot Deck and do a "Mommy Time Monday" blog.  It's been awhile since I have blogged..... I am sorry for my absence! (I just realized I haven't done a Mommy Time Monday blog since 2011!)  I have been so busy this year; which started out with some amazing spiritual growth and and excitement and then it all sort of fizzled out, I hit overload and my depression and anxiety hit me full force and put me out of commission for awhile.  Slowly I am picking up the pieces.... feeling like myself again... seeing the beauty again!
So I pulled out my Tarot deck and asked for a card that would symbolize the best lesson for me this week.... and not just for me but for others like me who read my blog.  I trust in the Law of Attraction when it comes to my readings; the card that I has the message we need to hear right now is the one that gets drawn, and that those who need to hear it's message will be drawn to read the blog I write on it.  So here we are... and the card I drew is one I drew a few months ago... back in October of 2011.  When I get cards more than once it's usually a sign that I need to spend more time understanding what that card really means as it applies to me, to more fully digest, understand, and implement it's meanings into my life.  Looking at the meanings from The Housewives' Tarot guidebook, I know that things are back in order... I AM in control of my situation and really have things in order to where I can do what I need to do. 
 The guidebook reads;
"You've finally got it all - the doting husband, beautiful children, and the gorgeous home, complete with white picket fence and dog. No more "keeping up with the Joneses." Now the Joneses have to keep up with YOU! The World represents a goal that has been realized, or the successful completion of one stage of life."

More importantly, I think the message here is delivered best by the picture on the card.  A recipe box that is used as an organizer for all aspects of life.  So we might have the plans, the recipes all laid out.... but it's what we DO with what we have that makes a difference.  We might not actually have the gorgeous home with a white picket fence, perfect car, or doting husband... but what are we doing with what we DO HAVE?  I think the message here for us right now is about fully using our resources, skills, talents, and passions to create the outcome we want.  Just having it all does not assure us of a life filled with happiness and contentment.  And some of the most content and happy people have very little... but they find contentment with what they do have, and make it work for them.
The key words for the classic meanings of this card are;

Integrating
Accomplishing
Becoming Involved
Feeling Fulfilled


(More on meanings and interpretations of The World card here)

So it's less about what we have and more about how we make use of what we do have, and how we will accomplish our goals within the restraints of our personal experience.
Yesterday I overheard my husband on the phone, saying something very wise to a friend of his.  (Yes, the man has his moments of brilliance!)  He said, "You don't have money for something, instead of saying 'I can't afford that', you should say 'What can I do to get the money and make it happen?"  He was simply referring to focusing on the solution rather than the problem... which I think is the essence of The World Card. 

In Mary K. Greer's book, "Tarot For Yourself" she lists some questions you can ask yourself for each card, to help yourself fully understand what the card is teaching you and integrate it's meaning into your life.  I would encourage you to ask yourself these questions throughout the week and see where you end up!

What are you doing to free yourself from limitations and restrictions in your life?
Or, what are you doing to work freely within them?
What potential do you see in yourself?
What physical needs must you take care of?
What is making you dance for joy?

I am already beginning to feel a little less restricted and burdened.  Just trying to think of my life, my schedule, my home.... in terms of possibilities and potentials of what I could do.... rather than seeing it all as restrictions and limitations.  I have tools I can use, things I have learned.... from FlyLady advice to my work training, to Meditation techniques and Yoga Poses.... I have a multitude of possibilities on how I can approach each situation I am faced with each day this week.  So what am I going to do with what I have?  And what about you?



-----------------------------------
The Housewives' Tarot, by Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum, Quirk Publications
I claim no ownership of this deck, it's artwork, or the shared message from the guidebook.
If you would like your own personal reading with The Housewives' Tarot, come check out the Domestic Divination section of my website! Have a Blessed week! ~ Lady Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment