Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NaNoWriMo starts Nov. 1st!

I have never done this before, though I have heard of it and it sounds like fun.... as if I really need another project! But, I am thinking, why not? If nothing else, it gives me a good creative outlet for the month...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

November will be National Novel Writing Month! 30 days and nights of literary abandon! Just writing, no editing is necessary! Just write and write and have 50,000 words by the end of the month, that, when put together, make some semblance of a novel. This could be interesting!

The easiest thing, I guess, would be to just write journal-style about my life and my thoughts. Though that might be boring, but not necessarily pointless. I have (or at least I like to think that I have) interesting thoughts as a mother, wife, wage slave, and spiritual person.

Another thought I had, was to write based on a daily-draw using my Tarot or Oracle cards. I could even use those as writing prompts to write about my own life. OR, I could use them as writing prompts to write about something else - something fictional perhaps. I don't know yet. I guess I do have some time to decide, and no matter what, starting Nov. 1st, I am gonna have to try and commit some time Every day to writing! Sounds daunting, scary, and fun!
Who wants to join me??? Click the link to join http://www.nanowrimo.org/, and after you sign up, search for me, I'm on as Mama_McD, and add me as a writing buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment