Friday, June 26, 2009

XV The Devil


My Daily Draw for 6/26/09


The Devil

using The Housewives Tarot by Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum


Ahh, yes.... temptation. As I sit here, not yet dressed, beds un-made, kids not yet dressed, and my FlyLady Control Journal not even opened yet today, I know exactly the kind of temptation that this card seems to be warning me about today. Actually, everything depicted on the card looks rather tempting..... Martini..... Coffeee..... Caaaaake.....Smokes...... Boxed Dinners .............and yes, even the bottle of Valium. After dealing the recent behavoal issues of my 10 year old with ADHD; yes - the Valium!!!

But I digress. Is this card a prediction, or a warning? Will I be able to motivate myself, do my morning routines, my daily cleaning, and go to work in the evening with a smile? Or will I resign myself to this fate and have a day of coffee, smoking, and avoiding my housework? As I was shuffling the cards before I drew today's card, I was asking; "What energy do I need to be aware of today?" So, although a day in bed sounds really, really nice about now, I think I will heed this card as advice rather than prediction. (But in the end, we shall see.....) Let's see what the guidebook has to say....

"TEMPTATION * VICE * SELF-DESTRUCTION

The modern convenience of TV dinners, instant coffee, and processed cheese in a can. The sinful satisfaction of martinis, cigarettes, and devil's food cake with rich, creamy frosting. Oh, how the Devil inside us loves seemingly smple solutions and indulgent luxuries!! It's not good to repress thesetemptations entirely, but take great care not to let such vices rule your life. Succumbing to your dark side too often will surely bring about your downfall."

I'm gonna have to call upon Flyady's wisdom and encouragement if I want to get ANYthing done around here today, and I'm gonna have to remember this affirmation;



"From darkness and chaos I create opportunities to transcend limitations."


(from Mary K. Greer's "Tarot For Yourself", that is the suggested affirmation for this card.)


Of course, I also have to call upon the traditional meanings of this card; and remember not to get too wrapped up in things, and remember that I am not a slave, or bound to this life, but I am here because I choose it. The Devil simply reminds us to remember that life is all about choices; the choices we make get us where we are, and every choice has a consequence. Will I choose to indulge? Or will I choose to make the most of this day???


I'm gonna do my best to make the most of it, but first, my friend is coming over for coffee. Cofffffeeeeeeeeeee...................

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I just wanted to add.... this is what my horoscope said today...

    Your key planet Saturn presents you with a dilemma today, for your success appears to be in jeopardy. Your natural reaction is to close down in fear, anticipating the worst. But negative expectations can create a self-fulfilling prophecy, attaching your future to a falling star. On the other hand, hard work, coupled with a positive attitude could catapult you right back toward your destination. By Amal HashimFriday, June 26, 2009

    Interesting huh? Because I really did have to push myself to get moving, I SO did not want to get up and clean house today!! But I did it anyways and Oh it was so rewarding!! (as you can see from my next blog, Housewife's report 6/26 - I posted before and after pics!!)

    ReplyDelete